- Serve as a point of entry for individuals/families with children having disabilities or special needs seeking services;
- Improve parents' understanding of special education, and disabling condition;
- Teach parents the skills needed to effectively participate in the special education process;
- Provide a mechanism to network parents to local support organizations and other supporting parents in their area;
- Provide free training and workshops for parents addressing their concerns and needs with their child.
A system of resources has been developed to provide up-to-date, detailed information on disabilities, educational issues, and general topics of interest to families who have children with disabilities or special needs, adults with disabilities or special needs and these professionals working with them. Referrals are made to other agencies that may be able to assist the individual. Also available to families is a Lending Library on disabilities, advocacy, education issues, resources and topics of interest.